Healthy, glowing skin starts from within. If clear, radiant, glowing skin is what you’re looking for then it’s time to get serious about what you’re eating.
I’m sure many of us have tried just about every skin product and beauty regime there is to try and master that healthy glow. The truth is, until we can look after our inside, we will never be able to fake a glow on the outside.
Try and implement the below principles into your everyday living so you can earn that natural glow. Looking after yourself more by eating and sleeping better are your very first steps to improving your overall complexion. Here’s how:
1. Make sleep your priority - 8hrs to be exact. Good quality sleep gives your body the chance to rest and repair. This includes the connective tissue in your skin, it also decreases inflammation in the body and skin.
2. Stay hydrated – Drink plenty of water each and every single day, aiming for at least 2 L. By doing so, you’ll hydrate the cells in your body, including the cells in your skin, resulting in a healthy, plump complexion.
3. Consume antioxidants – Why? They protect the cells from damage caused by free radicals. Snack on berries, drink more green tea and herbal tea and be sure to eat more fruit and veggies.
4. Make fat your friend – Think salmon, avocado, olive oils, coconut oil, nuts and seeds. Having more fats in your diet promotes a healthy, glowing complexion by reducing inflammation and acne, slows down the ageing process and restores moisture.
5. Reduce sugar, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco – These substances dehydrate skin cells, speed up the ageing process and increase the amount of free radicals in our cells. They prevent the skin from glowing and leave us with a dark and dull complexion.
6. Drink lemon juice in warm water each morning – It aids with hydration, stimulates digestion, is loaded with vitamin C and is a natural detoxifier, all important for improving overall skin health and ramping up that radiant, inner glow.
By implementing a few good dietary changes into your everyday routine, you'll improve digestion, reduce inflammation and boost collagen production, all important for skin health and maintaining that healthy glow.