If you're in need of a chocolatey hit to satisfy those afternoon cravings, then this slice is for you! Replace that cheap chocolate bar with something that will boost your mood and stabilise energy as well as give you that chocolate hit you're in need of. Filled with good fats, antioxidants and a hit of protein, this choc-nut slice will be sure to leave you feeling satisfied and guilt free.
Decadent Choc-Nut Slice:
Makes 30 slices
Prep Time: 15 mins
Set Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr, 15 mins
1 x 375ml of natural peanut butter
4 x tbsp of coconut oil
4 x tbsp of cacao powder
2 x tbsp of organic maple syrup
1 x tsp of vanilla essence
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup goji berries
Handful of shredded coconut
1. Heat a saucepan of water on a stove and place a heat safe bowl on top.
2. Melt coconut oil in the bowl.
3. Once coconut oil has melted, add in cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla essence and peanut butter and stir.
4. Remove chocolate mix from stove top and mix through the almonds and macadamias.
5. Line a baking pan with baking paper and pour choc-nut mix in.
6. Pour goji berries and shredded coconut on top.
7. Allow to set in a fridge or freezer for 1 hr or until hard. Cut into pieces once set. Makes approx 30 slices.
Once set, you may like to keep this stored in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to consume as warmer temperatures may cause the slice to melt easily.
Rich in flavour and crunch, you'll only need a slice or two to satisfy those cravings.