Perfecting Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato, what would we do without it? So versatile, so nutritious, so delicious! The complex carbohydrate is high in vitamins A and C and is a good source of dietary fibre. This vibrant root vegetable is known to stabilise blood sugar levels, improve brain function, acts as an antioxidant and is also classified as a low GI food. It doesn't stop there, sweet potato is packed with health benefits and also plays a key ingredient in many tasty dishes, fries being the first one that comes to mind.
To create this simple side dish that your taste buds will thank you for, follow the recipe below.
2 x medium sweet potatoes
2 - 3 stems of fresh rosemary
1 x teaspoon of ground paprika
1 x teaspoon of ground oregano
1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash the sweet potato under cool running water to remove any dirt.
3. Keeping the skin on, cut the sweet potato in half, length ways. Then cut into quarters and continue to cut in half until the sweet potato is at a thickness you desire.
4. Place sweet potato into a large bowl. Toss olive oil, paprika, oregano and leaves of the rosemary through the sweet potato.
5. Place seasoned sweet potato on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 20 mins or until sweet potato is golden brown, turning 1 - 2 times.
6. Dish sweet potato fries up as preferred and sprinkle himalayan salt on top.
Sweet potato fries can be served on its own, as a side dish or even as an appetiser. Get creative with it.